Your child is only a few weeks away from the first day of preschool in Manhattan, New York. The thought of switching from stay-at-home life to being in a small room with unfamiliar faces may seem unpleasant to them.
Assuring your child that they will experience premium Child Care in Riverdale, New York, is not the only way to calm their nerves. There are many ways to make preschool sound fun for your son/daughter. Check these out:
- Go school-supplies shopping with your child. Allow him/her to choose the colors and designs they want.
- Talk to your child about their new morning and afternoon routine. Reassure them that everything will be okay and that they will have all the help they need.
- Label all of their items – like jackets, notebooks, pencils, and bags – using permanent markers.
- Inform the preschool’s health professional if your child has special medication, they need to take daily.
- Make sure to get your child used to their new “school bedtime” routines. This way, they will be used to waking up at an earlier time and won’t have to rush to school.
These tips can also be used when you enroll your child in our summer camp in Briarwood, New York. Their learning does not have to only be in the classroom. Let them experience the outside world too!
For more information about our services, give us a call. We’d love to help you out.