Words are everywhere. They are in road signs, books, banners, and more. The ability to read is a life skill that will surely benefit any person.
It is always best to expose your kids to reading activities, especially when they are in nursery preschool in Riverdale NY. Doing so can help them achieve a variety of benefits, such as:
- Reading helps your preschoolers prepare for school.
- It improves their vocabulary and literacy skills.
- It fuels imagination, creativity, and curiosity.
- It enhances concentration and memory.
- Reading exposes your kids to various situations and teaches them how to handle such situations.
- Most importantly, reading can build better family relationships.
With these benefits in mind, you should do your part in nurturing your kids’ love for reading. Here are tips you can follow:
- Read to them while they are still young.
A brain that is still developing, in the case of young kids, has the capability of absorbing and retaining a lot of information. Reading to them early on will enable your preschoolers to acquire knowledge and learn new things every day.
- Have them pick out the books.
Kids will most likely read the books that they have selected themselves. Give them plenty of age-appropriate books to choose from.
- Set up a mini-library at home.
If possible, try to allocate a certain space in your home to be designated as a mini-library. In this space, put all the books that your kids love. In this manner, whenever they come home from an Upper East Side daycare in New York, they can just easily grab a book they are curious about, read it, and learn from it at their own pace.
- Incorporate creativity and fun when reading.
Most young children will pay attention to what you are reading them when they are having fun. So, try to be creative with your reading approach. For instance, you can alter your voice according to what the characters in the story should sound like.
- Allow them to ask questions.
Reading raises their curiosity. Let them ask questions to satisfy such curiosity. At the same time, you will know that they are paying attention to you when they are asking questions. In turn, try to cultivate their logical thinking skills by asking questions back.
Renanim Preschool and Summer Camp offers a wide selection of age-appropriate programs. Please give us a call to know more about what programs will suit your kids.